Monday, December 29, 2014

Discovering Kempsey's Dunghutti-Ngaku Aboriginal Art Gallery

I know New England quite well, but am constantly discovering new things. For example, I hadn't discovered the Dunghutti-Ngaku Aboriginal Art Gallery  (DNAAG). The Gallery is housed in an annex of the Kempsey Visitor Information Centre designed by internationally renowned architect Glen Murcutt

This work, Brolga Chorus 1 is by Gumbaynggirr woman Alison Williams. While born in Sydney in 1968, Alison has obviously retained her North Coast connections.

Do have a browse of the Gallery's site. There are some very nice pieces there My thanks to Regional Arts NSW (@RegionalArtsNSWfor introducing me to the Gallery.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey I am waiting for your reviews on Dunghutti-Ngaku Aboriginal Art Gallery!! I am also interested in this type of art gallery. I hope you will share all the details with us.

Jim Belshaw said...

Hi Andrew. You seem to be in a different field if still interesting. Do you show local or Northern NSW artists as well?