Saturday, April 02, 2011

Loss of New England identity

Back tonight from my paper in Armidale and more determined than ever to tell the New England story. I gave part of my reaction in The beauty of Armidale & UNE.

Because of graduation, numbers at the paper were downP1020607. But the same issues came up. People didn't know and were interested.
This photo shows the Armidale and Region  Aboriginal Cultural Place and Keeping Centre.

It is part of Armidale's gallery and museum street. Who would know that Armidale had such a street? Park you car, and you can go to multiple museums.

Part of the problem that I am trying to fight is that the people of New England have lost their own sense of self-identity and difference. They have lost their basic history.
I think that's a problem.

No comments: