Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Stats on university participation in New England

Today's post on my personal blog, Measuring regional disadvantage in higher education, looks at the latest report on the reasons for differential university participation rates across Australia. I just wanted to mention here that appendix five provides a breakdown by LGA. This allows the New England pattern to be analysed.

I am not sure that this will tell us anything that we don't already know in broad terms, but the detail is likely to be interesting in increasing our understanding of regional patterns within New England.

Unfortunately, I don't have the systems or skills to strip the data from the PDF. This means that I have to re-enter data by hand before I can do analysis. This takes time. In the meantime, those interested in New England higher education may find the report interesting.

No comments: