Thursday, January 28, 2010

Using the My School web site to analyse patterns of disadvantage within New England

As reported in Australia's new My School web site goes live - more or less, I managed to spend a little time on Commonwealth Government's new school ranking web site between its crashes.

In this post, I just want to point out that the new site provides some very useful data for all those interested in New England education and who are concerned, as I am, about the growing incidence of social disadvantage within New England.

While the focus in discussion has been on individual schools and comparisons between schools, the data actually allows relative disadvantage in schooling to be plotted on a geographic basis. This is potentially very useful when it comes to mounting a case for extra funding support.

Just a thought.   

No comments: