Saturday, December 30, 2006

New Northern Tablelands (New England) Wine Web site



Photo: Charles Whish, the Chair of Judges at the New England Wine Show in 2005 and 2006. Charles grew up in New England where his father, Keith, developed the Gilgai Winery near Inverell in the 1960’s. Charles is now head winemaker for Rosemount Estate in McLaren Vale, SA.

In searching, I found a New England wine site that I had not seen before. I think that it's in fact new because there are still some information gaps.

Called New England Wines Australia, the site aims to present the wines, vineyards and wineries of the Northern or New England Tablelands. I spoke of the re-emergence of this wine area in an earlier post. Readers who are interested can find a stocktake of my earlier posts on New England's wine regions here.

I wish the new site every success.

No comments: